Thursday, May 9, 2013

Deck Update–Need Your Advice…

THE pillow came and its been madness ever since.  Kind of, not really, but it did start to make me cuckoo.  I was trying too hard to create an awesome sauce space.  You know, when you don’t even know what you want anymore?

I was buried in pillows of pink and orange, black and white, then…I.just.let.it.go.  Pillow after pillow after pillow, I decided less is more. 

IMG_6031

But I do have to ask… Does it bug you that there’s no symmetry with the chair on the left?  Kind of bugs me, but I can’t seem to find the right pillow to go there.

IMG_6032

Had two orangey-reddish ones, but it was too matchy-matchy and balanced.  Yeah, I know.  First too much symmetry, now not enough.  So I’ve resolved myself to leave it alone and let it be.  Yes?  No?

Hmmm….wait a minute…maybe a dip-dyed one could work?  Something like this one from West Elm, but outdoor friendly?  Yes, I think that could be it, but where to find it?  Make one and not worry about the outdoor fabric thing?

Dip Dye Rainbow Silk Pillow Cover, 18

Or I could just move the pillow over here and call it a day.

IMG_6041

IMG_6040

What about this…too matchy?

IMG_6034

IMG_6039

Thoughts?  Advice?

Anyone…anyone… Bueller…Bueller??

Oh, and how about the front porch…too pink?  These were some leftovers from the backyard that didn’t make the cut.

IMG_6036

IMG_6037

I’m a bit afraid of letting my pink side out.  Next time you see it, I’m sure it will be totally different.  Have a I mentioned I’m a bit indecisive? Winking smile

6 comments:

  1. I love the mix you came up with Kim! I like 'Enjoy the Day' on the black bistro chair. The pink on the porch is fun, I'd probably add a big bold floral that coordinated instead of the pink one in the back. There's my two cents for you ~ wish I had mine ready for lounging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! I get so overwhelmed with indecision sometimes. It's great to get someone else's perspective to help me along a bit. ;)

      Delete
  2. My thought would be to put the black and white pillows on the "couch" and then get the new orange pillow and pair it with the smaller one on one chair and then put the "enjoy your day" one on the other chair. But really it looks great however you choose to set it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! I'm heading to World Market as a special Mother's Day "field trip" (not one close to where I live), so maybe I'll find something there to bring it all together.

      Delete
  3. I would move the black and white ones-put in in each chair beside the couch, and put the "Enjoy the Day" and Trina pillow on the couch...both together on one end. That green stripe one from the porch might work with that couch combo too...can't quite tell from the photos. Lots of fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really gonna screw with ya, get 4 cushions for the umbrella table chairs, something fun and bright.I like Jennifer's idea about the 2 black and white pillows.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...