Monday, March 11, 2013

Simple Easter Place Setting

Standing at the checkout with a pile of pretty placemats for Easter, I pulled out my wallet to discover I left my credit card on the kitchen counter.  The old purse switcheroo strikes again.  Ugh!

It’s a good thing though.  A light bulb went off on the ride home to keep it simple and get creative with what I’ve got.  I’m trying hard to get rid of stuff, so bringing more stuff into my home only adds to the stuff.  And this is stuff I just don’t need.  So this is what I came up with…

I used speckled eggs from Target’s dollar section tied to a plain white napkin.  The eggs already had a twine loop at the top, so all I had to do was attach it with another piece of twine.

IMG_5542

IMG_5541

Basics are the best, especially if you want to simplify.  Simple white or cream linens allow you to change a look easily with accessories to match the season.

IMG_5540

I have a few yards of burlap, so I think I might cut it into placemats.  Super simple.  Another option would be to use pretty wrapping paper as placemats or a table covering.  Just roll it out and cut.  Doesn’t get much easier than that.

Purge, reorg and simplify is the name of the game for me right now.  I’ll be back again this week with a couple things I’m doing to get there. 

Linking up at the Hop To It Link Party and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...