Monday, September 17, 2012

Baseball Keepsake

Hello, hello.  So fall is here in full force and before it suddenly turns into winter, I wanted to savor one last memory of summer.  A few weeks back, my boys had the baseball game memory of a lifetime.  Seriously, my little guy will probably never be able to go to a game again after his five star experience.  All others just won’t compare.

A couple hours before the game, we got a call from my in-laws that they had FREE Tiger tickets from their neighbors’ son.  Not just any tickets.  Tickets behind the dug out of the Detroit Tigers!  Not just behind them, but first row.  They literally used the dug out as a table for their drinks!  And friends, that’s not all.  Both boys came home with a baseball…what?  In all my life, I never came home with a baseball.

Prince Fielder threw one to my oldest and my little guy got one from the starting pitcher, Anibal Sanchez.  They also got to high five the Tigers’ mascot Paws.  As if all that was not enough, they ended up on t.v.

My husband called as he was walking to the parking lot and said they might be on t.v. behind one of the players.  And sure enough, there they are “sitting” on this player’s left shoulder.  Not really, but they were in the background so it almost looked like they were little miniature people sitting on his shoulder.  Hilarious!

This was a moment I had to capture.  I grabbed two shadowbox options from Michael’s to display their baseballs and tickets.  My plan was to display them the same, but the little man had his heart set on the plastic case.  So here they are…

Option One:  cost $3.99, used cap from drink as baseball holder and a glue dot to stick ticket in background – easy peasy.  My son liked the natural wood, works for me - no paint, no stain.  Another one minute project!  Yay!

IMG_3935

IMG_3937 

IMG_3936

(found display box in the wood project area of Michael’s, not frame shadowbox aisle)

 Option Two:  cost $5.99, ticket didn’t fit, so it just sits on top, put ball in, about a 30 second projectSmile.

IMG_3938 IMG_3941

IMG_3940

(this was found in the frame area with other shadowboxes)

Now all that’s left to do is put it on a shelf and enjoy the memory.  I may add a framed photo of the boys to go next to it, then I could frame the little guy’s ticket too.  But for now, this captures that special game day just perfectly.

IMG_3933

2 comments:

  1. So fun...great way to display the memorabilia. You really...knocked this one out of the park! {heehee...couldn't resist!} Hope you have a fabulous week.

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! And to think that he can say "Prince Fielder/Anibel Sanchez threw this ball at me when I was ____ years old." Great keepsake! I have a baseball signed by Mike Matheny when he was still the catcher for the STL Cardinals (now manager). But I have no idea where it is. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Hope to see you back next week! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...