Sunday, July 8, 2012

Good-Bye Project #237

Sometimes my creative visions get in the way of clearing the clutter, both in my mind and in my house.  You see, I have these two changing tables leftover from baby days.  I couldn’t simply get rid of them…I knew so much more could be done with them.  A bar cart, a buffet table on the deck, laundry room shelves.

changing table 2

The problem with these great ideas of mine is that it takes me forever to do them leaving me with a neverending to do list.  It weighs me down.  My brain and home remain cluttered.  It leaves me deflated with the fact that I still haven’t checked it off my list.

So when my sister texted me to ask if I had an extra changing table for my nephew to make a lemonade stand, I was more than happy to let it go.  Pass the torch for yet another great idea….one for someone else to do!!!!

The lesson from this.  I need to let it go.  I don’t have to DO every idea that pops in my head.  Know that something can find a new life in someone else’s home.  I don’t have to reinvent everything.  I need to make my to do list realistic so I can feel a sense of accomplishment rather than having the weight of 237 projects waiting and waiting to get checked off.  It was so liberating to put that changing table in my car.  A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

changing table

Good-bye Project #237!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This made me cry! So inspiring Kim! We can all find things to let go of in our lives and it does not have to be physical clutter either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a stronger woman than I... I CAN'T LET ANYTHING GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! & You said it spot on... we can't do EVERY cool project out there. I lots of times am left feeling overwhelmed and inadequate because I've started 10 things and haven't finished a single thing!!!! Thanks Girl! Hope your sister has fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have written this post, Kim. I completely understand and you're right, we don't have to do every project that crosses our mind. Hope your summer is going well.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...