Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Random Rambling #3: A Bag O’ Socks

I threw out a bag of socks today!  This is going to sound crazy or maybe not, but I’ve had a laundry basket full of socks for a few years now.  Not kidding.  YEARS!  Ridiculous, I know.  I’d find a space of time and tackle some of them, only to leave the rest for another day.  And the funny thing is, we have socks coming out of our ears, but we can never find them, so I keep buying them.  They were probably all in that basket.  Anyhow, today was the day I conquered the socks!  My husband told me forever to just throw them away.  I couldn’t bring myself to throw away an entire laundry basket of socks, it just didn’t seem right.

Today, I let it go!  Okay, for the most part.  I did sort through the rest of the laundry basket earnestly looking for matching socks.  In the end, I came up with a bag of socks to donate and finally a bag of socks to chuck and a bag to keep (hey, that’s 2 bags for my 40 bags quest).  The funny thing is I actually found baby socks in this bin.  Again, RIDICULOUS!

I have to say, I know I’m not the only one, which makes me feel better.  I actually ran into a woman at Target the other day.  We were both looking at the same bin.  She asked me what I was going to use it for, and I told her socks.  So then we started talking about both of our battles with socks.  She told me she had an entire basket of socks and her husband told her to throw them away too.  The lady probably thought I was crazy because I got so excited when she told me that.  It’s just nice to know I’m not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...