Monday, January 2, 2012

Confessions of the Clutter Counter

WARNING:  For those with inborn, natural, organizational skills, you may want to look away.

Introducing my clutter counter...


Do you have one of these too?  I am that person who frantically clears the counter into a bag, stashes it in my office and shuts the door for a party in the hopes no one stumbles into my office:). This, of course, leads to the cluttered office. Ahhh, the domino effect.

I realize some of you are wired with the organizational gene and cannot fathom how anyone can get to this point.  For as much as I am obsessed with home design and decor, you would think I would be obsessed with keeping things tidy to maintain the decor.  However, I cannot keep it together.  It's not that I think things need to be perfect, but just ready for a "pop over" visitor.  That's all I want. 

The clutter counter is the symbol of my biggest challenge, maintaining organization.  When it comes down to it, it's really a maintenance issue. I've read all the tricks and tips to organization and I've tried time and time again, but I can't maintain! I'm constantly working in what my husband and I call the "rampage" mode. We need a fire under our booties to get us moving. Our threshold for disorganization is just too high.  So my power word for the year is MAINTAIN.

If I can step up to the challenge, a good domino effect will happen! I will lose my fear of the dreaded "pop over" visitor. I will invite people over at the last minute. I will be able to find what I'm looking for before I have to buy another one.   I won't go into panic, rampage mode before a party.  Can I do it?

MAINTAIN Week 1:
The Clutter Counter Challenge
Introducing...my CLEAN counter


Ain't she purty?  Now for the office.  UGHHH!


 



5 comments:

  1. That is one FANTASTIC before and after! I am in love! :)

    Great work! You really did wonders to the counter, I bet they and you are both smiling because of it!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your clutter counter tears at my heart. This is the same problem I have. I love to decorate, but struggle to maintain the beauty I have created. Thanks for sharing, I'll use this to inspire my own transformation!

    P.S. I found you through your comment on the iHeart Organizing blog.

    Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Kim...so glad to find it! I am guilty of the same...stash everything in drawers or oue extra bedroom when someone is coming by. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is an older post, but this is my first visit. I just popped over from the Blog Hop at Randee's Organized Chaos. I started browsing around your blog and hit this post. I can totally relate to your clutter counter. I have those same fears of pop over visitors. I will say, since I started blogging back in July, things have gotten better. When I see all these great decor ideas and lovely spaces, I want to maintain that beauty in my home now. Thanks for your honesty in sharing your clutter counter. :) Oh, I'm a new follower now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the fear of a pop over visitor:)! One of the reasons I started blogging was to keep myself accountable somehow. I am getting more done, however, I have to confess, I'm still having trouble keeping up with my counter. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...